Venue and Directions
Conference and PhD School Venue
Conference Room 1 & 2
Storey Hall, RMIT University
336–348 Swanston Street, Melbourne
Storey Hall is located within the Melbourne CBD. This map shows a walking route and tram route from the Melbourne Convention Exhibition Centre, where SIGMOID 2015 is held.
In addition to walking, there are several options to get to Storey Hall, including by taxi or tram.
Travel by tram within the Melbourne CBD is free. Travelling from the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre:
- walk to the Batman Park tram stop (Stop 124)
- catch the 12, 96 or 109 tram heading north along Spencer Street. These trams will either turn right onto Collins Street or Bourke Street.
- get off at Swanston Street
- catch any northbound tram along Swanston Street
- get off at the Melbourne Central tram stop
- cross both La Trobe and Swanston Streets
- Storey Hall entrance is less than 50m from the corner of La Trobe and Swanston Streets.
Reception & Banquet
The reception and banquet will be held at:
University of Melbourne
220 Leicester Street, Carlton VIC 3053
From conference venue at Storey Hall:
- either walk, or take any northbound Swanston Street tram to the Melbourne University tram stop (The tram ride is not within the free travel zone.)
- walk along Swanston Street to Grattan Street
- walk west along Grattan Street to Leicester Street (a few hundred metres)
- turn left and the entrance is approximately 50m to your left.
4–7 June 2015