Group D: STEM Education
Chair: Bill Lawson
- Tom Cooper, Queensland University of Technolog
- Rhondda Davis, Murrup Barak
- Marj Horne, Australian Catholic University
- Caty Morris, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Mathematics Alliance
- Lizzy Skinner, Engineers Without Borders
- Mark Symes, Australian Maritime College
This group has focussed its attention on the teaching of maths to Indigenous primary and secondary students as well as on maths teachers themselves, drawing on current best practice. The group has also sought to devise a strategy for connecting senior Indigenous scholars with adequate maths levels to the many unfilled scholarship and cadetship opportunities currently on offer.
Finally, the group has aimed to find ways to complement the current $28.8M BHP Billiton/CSIRO STEM education project for Indigenous students.